Head of Safety - [Archived Advertisement]
Alliance Airlines (View other jobs from this organisation)
Head of Safety
We currently have a fantastic opportunity at Alliance Airlines for the position of Head of Safety. If you love a challenge in a dynamic, growing organisation, this role is an amazing chance to help shape the direction and outcome of Australia's fastest growing Airline.
About the Role
The Head of Safety is the ‘Responsible Manager’ approved by CASA for safety relating to the AOC and SMS as required by CASR Part 119.
The successful candidate will be part of the Alliance Management team, who will hold this critical position to ensure the development, integrity and effectiveness of the Alliance Airlines Safety Management and Quality Management Systems.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensuring the processes required for the SMS are established, implemented and maintained.
- Ensuring the company Quality audit program is established and conducted in accordance with the Company Safety Manual.
- Ensuring operations are conducted in accordance with conditions of the Air Operators Certificate (AOC) and in compliance with applicable regulations and standards of the Operator.
- The coordination of investigations of incidents or accidents.
- Identifying or facilitating on-going training to support the SMS objectives.
- The promotion of safety awareness and development of the safety culture.
- Maintenance of the Company Emergency Response Plan.
- Overseeing internal and external safety audit programs, including BARS and IOSA.
- The Transport Security Program.
- Providing the Accountable Manager and Alliance Management team reporting and data to assess the performance of the SMS and areas where improvement is required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Exceptional understanding of CASA regulations and requirements.
- Oversighting and Management of a Transport Security Program (TSP).
- Lead Auditor.
- Safety Investigations.
- Formal training in risk management.
- Workplace, Health and Safety. (WHS).
- Relevant Airline Operations and safety experience.
Skills and knowledge
- Principles of SMS.
- Safety Investigations.
- Hazard Identification and Risk Management.
- Human Factors.
- Root Cause analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the organisation.
- Staff management including excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, reasoning, and lateral thinking skills.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Well-developed computing skills, particularly Microsoft office suite of programs and Safety reporting / Quality Management software.
- Tenacity, professionalism / maturity, sense of urgency, attention to detail, and confidentiality.
Alliance is Australasia’s leading provider of contract, charter, wet lease and maintenance services currently employing more than 1,400 staff.
Alliance has world-leading operational performance, a key attribute sought by its customers. We are proud to be known as Australia’s leading FIFO charter and Wet Lease operator with a history of delivering the highest standards of safety, reliability, and operational performance for our clients.
The Company has operational bases in Brisbane, Townsville, Cairns, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin, and Rockhampton.
Alliance’s core philosophy is to provide safe and economical solutions. Although we have grown rapidly, we know the importance of responding quickly to our clients' requests and understand the need to meet both short and long-term requirements.
At Alliance Airlines, we make it happen!
This is on-site position (5 days a week). Drug and Alcohol testing and police check clearance will be part of the recruitment process, as will the requirement to hold a valid ASIC card.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you and you have the skills we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you. Apply today.
**COVID safe practices will be complied with throughout the Alliance recruitment process and all applicants must also comply. **
All candidates must have full working rights within Australia, only candidates with a right to work in Australia will be considered. We thank you for your application however, due to the volume of applicants only successful applicants will be contacted.
Alliance Airlines is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We are a merit-based organisation that supports local communities to offer long term sustainable employment based on delivering a safe aviation operation.
- QLD - Brisbane
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Health, Safety & Environment